- Kildare’s first win in the Inter-County in six years was also their ninth overall.
- Marian Byrne now has nine National Ladies Inter-County championship winning medals. She has also played on every victorious Kildare team since 1997.
- Tara Dillon has played on eight winning Kildare teams, Chrissie Byrne and Margaret Keogh seven and Mairead O'Toole three.
- Mary Donnelly wins her second National Ladies Inter-County winning medal, 17 years after she won her first, at Larkspur Park in ‘97.
- The three Byrne sisters have played together on five Kildare National Ladies Inter-County championship winning sides.
- Dublin have now finished second 11 times in the National Ladies Inter-County, the same as Kildare. Ger Ward has been on seven of those Dublin teams, Sheelagh Elmes on six.
- It was Offaly’s best ever performance in the National Ladies Inter-County
- It was Clare’s best all time performance in the second tier of the Inter-County. The Banner County’s previous best performance was third in Seapoint back in 2002 when Declan Sheedy and Marty Fawl were also involved.
- Waterford were also the runners-up that year in Seapoint. Billy Aspel was a member of that particular team.
- Clare did once finish second in the Anchor Cup back in Lakewood in 1993.
- Galway's previous best performance in the second tier of the Inter-County Championship was seventh at Waterford Crystal in 1999.
- A landmark 20th win for Cork at the Inter-County championship, extending the Rebels' lead at the top of the all-time list. Cork won for the 11th time in 12 years and for the 12th time in 15 years.
- Ray Murphy and John Walsh now have 13 All Ireland Gent's Inter-County championship winning medals, extending their joint lead at the top of the all time list.
- John Cahill now has eight Inter-County championship winning medals, Kieran Dunscombe five, Frank Dineen and Bryan Delaney four apiece.
- Cork have now finished in the top two in the last 21 Gents Inter-County Championships in-a-row. John Walsh and Ray Murphy have been on board every one of those teams. They also achieved another milestone today. The 17 year span between their first and latest Inter-County win moves ahead of Cork legend Mick Forrest and now only Chris Scannell and the late Jim Connolly are better on that particular list.
- Dublin have been runners-up in the Gents Inter-County twelve times, that's more than any other county.
- Junior Smith was an Inter-County runner-up at Tullamore for the 2nd time in his career, having been on the 1986 Dublin team that finished 2nd to Kerry at Tullamore.
- Tullamore has been a happy hunting ground for Kerry Inter-County teams. Kerry won the Championship the last time it was held in Tullamore in 1986.
- Mark Millar helped Dublin to second place in the Inter-County Championship, 12 years after he was on a Louth winning team at Seapoint.
Latest National News
|Provincial Inter-County Weekend Report|
|2022 National Under 20 and 16 Strokeplay Timesheet|
|Deerpark U16 Scratch Cup|
|2022 Provincial Inter-Counties Day 3|
|Provincial Inter-County Weekend: Day 2|
Latest Regional News
|Scratch Cup Cancelled|
|St. Bridget's Open Cancelled|
|Kilbeggan Open Scotch Foursomes|
|Provincial Strokeplay Order of Play|
|Fairview CY Open Scotch Foursomes 15th-18th April 2022|