Sports Energy Supports Scheme
Update on Phase 2 as well as Phoulaphouca Scratch Cup
Following the announcement yesterday of Phase 2 of the Sports Energy Supports Scheme Pitch & Putt Ireland invites any club that wants to apply for assistance with increased Energy Costs from September 2022 to March 2023 to email any payment receipts made during that period to Treasurer Breda Brophy on [email protected] by Wednesday May 24th
Please note the eligibility criteria below:
• The Sports Energy Support Scheme (SESS) will contribute to the increased energy costs
associated with providing sporting activity only.
• The Eligibility period will relate to increased costs sustained between September 1st 2022
and May 31st 2023.
• Non Energy related increases are ineligible. These include increased costs in
accommodation, rent, rates or labour costs.
• Fuel costs associated with machinery, vehicles, travel or transport do not qualify.
• Pre-existing debts or deficits do not qualify.
• Energy costs associated with non-sporting activity such as bars, restaurants etc. are not
eligible under SESS; however, such trading activity may be eligible for support under the
Government’s Temporary Business Energy Support Scheme (TBESS).
• Organisations applying for support must own/lease the sporting facilities or be the
primary utility bill payer.
• The Scheme will be open to Sport Ireland Recognised/Funded NGBs. This is to ensure
pre-existing levels of governance and operational assurances exist between Sport Ireland
and those in direct receipt of funding.
• The Scheme is aimed at supporting Clubs in the Republic of Ireland only.
• Support will be capped at a maximum of €90,000 (average of €10k per month) for any
• The Scheme will not cover:
➢ Private/Commercial gyms, pools & sports facilities (Private/commercial enterprises
are eligible to apply for TBESS)
➢ Local authority facilities
➢ School or Third level sports facilities
We also ask everyone to note that the Poulaphouca Scratch Cup takes place on June 10th this year and not the date stated in the fixture book.
Latest National News
|2023 National Scotch Foursomes Update|
|2023 National Matchplay Facts and Figures|
|National Schools Coaching Programme for June|
|2023 National Scotch Foursomes|
|2023 National Matchplay|
Latest Regional News
|2023 Cunnigar Scratch Cup|
|Westmeath CB Jack McCormack Scratch Cup|
|Poulaphuca Membership 2023|
|Westport Pitch & Putt to host 2023 Community Games Finals|