The PPUI are seeking applications of interest to fill the role of National Children’s Officer. This role had been filled by the late Helen McMorrow (RIP) until her untimely passing. The National Children’s Officer is appointed by the NEC annually and may or may not be a member of the NEC. This is a voluntary role with a focus on Child Welfare within the sport of Pitch and Putt and would be expected to take up a small number of days each year. All clubs should have a Club Children’s Officer (CCO) and one of the major aspects of the role will be to provide support to the CCO to ensure that all aspects of the PPUI Code of Ethics and Good Practice for Children in Sport are being implemented.
Below is an overview of the role, responsibilities and requirements of the person filling this role:
- First and foremost, be a registered member of the PPUI.
- Have knowledge of safeguarding of children in sport and relevant child protection legislation (Children First Act 2015, National Vetting Bureau Act 2012 – 2016)
- Liaise with PPUI staff to organise Child Safeguarding training.
- Liaise with Clubs and Club Children’s Officers on Safeguarding and Garda Vetting requirements.
- Influence policy and practice within the PPUI in order to prioritise children’s needs.
- Ensure PPUI Code of Ethics and Good Practice for Children in Sport is updated as required.
- Ensure PPUI Safeguarding Risk Assessment and PPUI Safeguarding Statement documents are updated as required.
- Liaise with PPUI staff and PPUI affiliated clubs on their Safeguarding Risk Assessment and Safeguarding Statement documents.
- Commitment to attendance at appropriate training as required in order to act as resource to members in relation to children’s needs.
- Act as PPUI Designated Liaison / Mandated Person named under schedule 2 of Children’s First Act 2015 and fulfill the legal obligations of this role.
- Assisting in the development of a system of record keeping which maintains confidentiality while allowing for appropriate information to be passed to relevant authorities where necessary
- The person filling this role will be required to be Garda Vetted before being appointed.
- Ideally have experience of being a CCO within their club.
- Ideally have completed Safeguarding 1, 2 and 3 and failing that have a minimum of Safeguarding 1 and be willing to complete Safeguarding 2 & 3 within 6 months of taking up the role.
- Most of all be passionate about the safeguarding of children in sport and especially the sport of Pitch and Putt.
If you would like to express interest in the role of National Children’s Officer please contact PPUI Honorary Secretary, Michael Murphy at [email protected] to apply for the role. The final decision on the person to be appointed to the role will be made by the National Executive Council of the PPUI.
Latest National News
|Provincial Inter-County Weekend Report|
|2022 National Under 20 and 16 Strokeplay Timesheet|
|Deerpark U16 Scratch Cup|
|2022 Provincial Inter-Counties Day 3|
|Provincial Inter-County Weekend: Day 2|
Latest Regional News
|Scratch Cup Cancelled|
|St. Bridget's Open Cancelled|
|Kilbeggan Open Scotch Foursomes|
|Provincial Strokeplay Order of Play|
|Fairview CY Open Scotch Foursomes 15th-18th April 2022|