NEC Meeting Report March 11th
News from Saturday's Meeting in Abbeyleix
Yesterday (March 11th) at a meeting of the NEC the following was decided:
- All motions passed at the recent Annual Convention were ratified and will come into effect from April 1st.
- It has been decided for this year to invite the winners of the Provincial Mens Intermediate and Junior Matchplay Championships to take part in a National final for both grades on the Monday of the National Matchplay finals this year. We ask all intending Intermediate and Junior Mens entrants in the Provincial Matchplays this year to note same prior to entering. The NEC will examine the scope of creating graded National Matchplay Championships from 2024 onwards as well as how this applies to the Ladies game given the present Gross and Nett Matchplay Championships available to our Ladies players.
- The NEC has decided to use the new Mens Junior B handicap grade for Strokeplay competitions only in 2023. Matchplay will remain one Junior grade 7.5-16 for 2023. This will be reviewed at the end of the year.
- In the National Over 55 Strokeplay Championships it has been decided to introduce prize in each grade for players aged 66 and over. Players will have to be aged 66 on the closing date for entries to be deemed eligible for this prize and qualifying for the finals remains as normal. All Championship winners in the Over 55’s this year meanwhile will be required to show proof of age following their victory in same.
- The NEC has decided to formally recognise Two Ball Scrambles. It is also introducing a Handicap Allowance of ¼ (one quarter) for such competitions across all levels. It further recommends that Three Ball Scramble competitions be confined to club level.
- The NEC intends to meet County/Regional Boards on Easter Saturday April 8th in Templemore at 12.30pm. This is the only date deemed available due to other events taking place on weekends throughout the month of April. An agenda will be forwarded to County/Regional Boards in due course and attendance from each county/regional board is considered imperative on this occasion.
- The NEC also wishes to inform Inter-County teams that it hopes to make an announcement relating to an accommodation deal for this year’s event in Lucan during the coming week.
Latest National News
|2023 Schools Competition Closing Date|
|2023 National Matchplay Entry Sheets|
|2023 Provincial Matchplay Entry Sheets|
|Provincial Ladies Days and Inter-Counties News|
|Limerick Masters Update|
Latest Regional News
|Westmeath CB Jack McCormack Scratch Cup|
|Poulaphuca Membership 2023|
|Westport Pitch & Putt to host 2023 Community Games Finals|
|Notice From Larkspur Park|